Menu

Are there places that will shampoo, vacuum, and totally clean my van?

We thought about getting new van with a new seating configuration since baby #3 will be here in October. But since ours is only a 2007, we've decided to keep it since it runs just fine.

However, my van looks like a pig sty. We're not slobs, I promise LOL....but our van looks like it. My home is spic and span though! :D Today I got out there and picked up all trash, wiped it down, and vacuumed as well as I could. But with being 7 months pregnant, I couldn't really get down and reach the places I needed to. And DH is so busy that he can't really find the time to do it either. And with two kids, somehow there are spills and stains something horrible.

I'd love to have a place totally vacuum it, shampoo the carpets....basically make the inside look new again LOL. Is there places that do that? What exactly are they called? Does it cost an arm and a leg?

It's called getting it detailed. It's pricey though. I looked at getting my van detailed after the windows had all been smashed out and it was going to be $300+ . I still want to get it done but that is half my mortgage payment. I don't know what they will charge around your area and I did not shop around. I saw that price on the one that is best known around here and ran the other way.

Getting my van detailed costs around $100-$150 for the interior. Pricey, but they get it cleaner than I could ever do myself. After being detailed it looks just like it did when I brought it home from the dealership as a certified used vehicle. Not something I can afford to do often, but every few years the grime gets bad enough that I can justify the cost.

Just look for a full service car wash. The one I loved in Dallas was called the Car Spa. They always had coupons with 2 services for the price of one (about $35) plus the cost of a basic wash and vacuum (about $15). Carpets counted as one service and seats the second.

Look for coupons in your local paper or the fliers you get in the mail.

Thanks you!! Getting it detailed....I didn't know that's what it was called. As you can see, I've never actually gotten a vehicle detailed LOL.

I just looked online and found a place close by. It will cost $69 to get the following done:

• Super Wash ($19.99 Value)
  • Steam Clean Leather and Vinyl Featuring ATIS® Technology to Kill Bacteria While Removing Light Stains. Steam Cleans up to 300% Better than Standard Shampoo Machines.
  • Steam Clean Carpet and Mats Using State-of the-Art Steam Cleaners Featuring ATIS® Technology to Kill Bacteria While Removing Most Stains.
  • Blow all Vents with Hi-Press Air to Remove Dust.
  • UV Protectant Applied to Leather & Vinyl. Protects from Ultraviolet Light While Restoring the Original Luster to all Vinyl and Leather Surfaces.
  • Dress all Exterior Rubber and Plastic Trim to Make Your Vehicle Show Room Shine.

Wonder if this is all I will need done? Compared to the cost of a new van, I don't mind shelling out a little money to make it look new again.