Menu

What a way to start!

Well, the first week of school is done, and I can't believe I made it. Two weeks ago dh and I went to the classroom to work on bulletin boards. I was going into one of the buildings and the door caught my toe and tore off the top portion, along with serious nail damage. Thankfully one of the janitors was there and got my dh.

My toe was cut so far underneath the nail that they couldn't stitch it. I never thought something could be as painful as this, but it is. I'm on crutches, no weight bearing allowed. They gave me painkillers which did nothing for me. It's Advil all the way. I had a second visit to my doctor, who referred me out to a podiatrist. They say I'll have to have the nail removed because of the damage, and the fact that my toe needs to heal properly. This happened on a Thursday, and school started the next Tuesday. Needless to say, my weekend was supposed to be filled with getting everything ready for school, my own dc's needs, etc.

There was no way I could call for a sub the first week of school. That would have been so unfair to the students. Dh drove me every day and picked me up (bless him) and the kids were very helpful in the classroom. It's definitely not the picture perfect way I had imagined my year starting.

I guess it will be memorable, at least!:tongue_smilie: