Menu

Need something like HST, but for Macs. Help!

I haven't used HST, so I don't know everything it offers, but I am a Mac girl, and have spent a ridiculous amount of time hunting for planning software. DH toyed with the idea of developing something for me, but that sounded like so much extra work for him - I really wanted something simple, something already in existence.

I tried Skedtrack, but did not love it. I loved the functionality, but not the look of it. Lots of people love it though. And then... I found scholaric.com. I think I must have read about it here (?). Love it. Easy to use, very inexpensive, and it's more intuitive, more like a real planner. There's a free trial period, if you want to check it out. It's an online planner, which I didn't think I wanted, but it's worked out beautifully.

Good luck!

I had already started using HST earlier this year and was really starting to love it. But...I've since gotten a new computer and switched to a Mac (which I LOVE!). But now I can't use HST on it!

Has anyone come across anything like HST for use on Macs?

I appreciate your help!

Liz

I use HST+ on my Mac. We installed Virtual Box so we could have a Windows computer open inside the Mac. Then we installed Windows inside Virtual Box. I purchased/downloaded HST+ using the internet browser inside Windows. Every time I open it, I go to the Windows side (or the Dark Side, as DH calls it :lol:). The only drawback is it makes everything run slower, so I try to be using just the Mac side or just the Windows side at one time.

I found a teacher's planner app in my app store, and it looks fantastic, but it's for school teachers so I was hesitant to fork over money for something that may not translate well into home school planning. :glare: hmmm...what to do? It is probably way more than I need.