Menu

hard boiled eggs left out

Would you eat eggs left out over night?  

1. 1. Would you eat eggs left out over night?

• Yes, with no question
    • I would, but I wouldn't let the kids
    • I'd think about it- then throw them away
    • Absolutely not. Never.

Yes, I know I should have put them away last night. But I forgot and found them this morning when I woke up. In my mind, I figure Easter eggs have been left out at least that long when I was a kid and we always ate them, and never got sick, so they are okay. And we will grab fresh eggs from the pen every few days, so how long were the eggs sitting out before we got them, and they have always been fine. (these eggs were from the store though)

So I have to ask, am I the only crazy one who will still eat the eggs? K made the decision to eat them too, but DH won't touch them.

Yes, I know I should have put them away last night. But I forgot and found them this morning when I woke up. In my mind, I figure Easter eggs have been left out at least that long when I was a kid and we always ate them, and never got sick, so they are okay. And we will grab fresh eggs from the pen every few days, so how long were the eggs sitting out before we got them, and they have always been fine. (these eggs were from the store though)

So I have to ask, am I the only crazy one who will still eat the eggs? K made the decision to eat them too, but DH won't touch them.

I would eat them but I'm on the more liberal side of this general issue. Maybe we're both crazy.

I figure Easter eggs have been left out at least that long when I was a kid and we always ate them, and never got sick, so they are okay.

This. My basic understanding of eggs is that if they're starting to go, you'll know it! :ack2:

Salmonella is a different story, but these eggs are cooked.

--Pamela

Guest submarines

Absolutely! At this very moment I have three hard boiled eggs on the kitchen counter for DH's breakfast (he gets way too early tomorrow for me to be up). Hard boiled eggs are yucky when they are cold.

Last week, I started some hard boiled eggs while I was cleaning up dinner. The timer went off, but I was still washing dishes with hot water and didn't stop what I was doing to ice them down right then. Of course, I forgot about them and didn't discover them until I came downstairs in the morning for my coffee. We ate them for breakfast that morning and we're all still here. :001_smile: