Menu

fantasy footballers

it's not too hard, a tad bit time consuming. I do it through ESPN so it's easy to use, and you do the draft on the computer. Basically you pick real football players from any team to form your own team, and then how they do individually in a game earns you points. So I will have ;) Peyton Manning as my qb, and then say Calvin Johnson from the Lions as one of my wr. So even when the Lions lose, if Johnson catches throws or makes a td, I would get points. And your team plays against a different team each week, whoever gets the most points wins. The time consuming part is once the season gets going and there's bye weeks, or injuries, you have to move your players around. You don't want your qb on your starting roster if his team isn't playing that week. So it's a bummer when people join, and then don't take care of their team, and you end up playing against a team who has half their players on bye, earning no points :glare:

If anyone here is actually familiar with FF and wants to join a keepers league, I need a few more managers. However, it's a $50 buy-in and we're looking for folks who will be active and stay for a few season to come. Just PM me if interested. We play Yahoo H2H. Fun league yet competitive.

every time I see a new post on here, I get excited, and then it's just a bump :tongue_smilie: You know you want to join people! It's so much fun, and if you're married, all the other husbands are jealous because yours has one who likes to talk football with him! That's a fun reason to join, right? It's ok if you know nothing about football or fantasy, and want to learn and have some fun. My first year I didn't know what a quarterback did :lol::lol::lol:

every time I see a new post on here, I get excited, and then it's just a bump :tongue_smilie: You know you want to join people! It's so much fun, and if you're married, all the other husbands are jealous because yours has one who likes to talk football with him! That's a fun reason to join, right? It's ok if you know nothing about football or fantasy, and want to learn and have some fun. My first year I didn't know what a quarterback did :lol::lol::lol:

I can relate to that!

The first time I really watched a football game was when I had just started to date my husband. I sat down, watched for a few minutes, turned to him and asked, "What's a 'down'?" :001_huh:

I've learned A LOT about football since then! And playing fantasy football does help! My husband now asks ME, "Who's the coach for such-and-such team now?" and "Didn't he used to play for the blank-blanks?" :lol:

Actually, in this house, I am the one with the football knowledge! Hahaha! My DH didn't have a clue before he married me. Now he knows enough to get him by, but he's still not as into it as I am. And when asked his favorite team - it's our local university's team. He'll choose the Packers for NFL if forced to make a choice - but only because I'm a Packer fan. He doesn't care enough to make his own choices. :)

Giving this a *bump bump* before I go out to dinner with my hubby!!! :001_wub:

Yes...at a REAL restaurant! :D

With real forks and knives -- not plastic ones! :w00t:

We're going to watch the Redskins / Steelers game! :cheers2:

Can you tell it's been awhile since we've had a date night?? :lol: