Menu

If I am freezing now...

Whatever you do, don't come to Edmonton, Alberta. :tongue_smilie:

In all seriousness, you can try all sorts of things. Make sure you're hydrated: a dehydrated body does not keep heat well. Working out increases circulation, so build up a good sweat then take a warm shower. Dress in several thin layers with very warm socks. Chenille or wool are great. Try to get some silk longjohns. They're super at keeping heat in and are very thin. When you need a quick warm up, hold your wrists under warm running water for a minute. For some reason it seems to heat up your blood and delivers warmer blood all over. Most importantly, keep moving. Seriously. If you have the chills, it's time to sweep, vacuum, move furniture... which makes you sweat.... so you have a warm shower.

I'm sensing a mouse and a cookie theme here... :lol:

You're cold? :001_huh: It was 95 degrees today!!!!!!! I was thinking when I went to go pick up DH from work how much I hate the desert heat and I need to get out of here:willy_nilly:I wanna go to Oregon *sob sob sob*

Weather channel says it is 70 degrees right now. We have the windows and front door open because the AC is broke and we have no fans. I can't handle a room full of stagnant air. So the wind blowing through pretty much a basement apartment is a combination for cold. About half our apartment is underground and of course we are the ONLY apartment in the complex that is situated with another apartment on one side and the office on the other. We have only one exterior wall unlike everyone else's two. I am still trying to adjust to this new climate. I moved from Ft. Worth to just south of Provo in June. So typically I am used to 110 to 115 during August not 90 lol.

Ok, now that I just read the word Provo, I can't get that "Provo, UT Girls" song out of my head! :lol: What a great song. Makes me laugh every time.

It'll take a you a year or so to get used to it. I used to be used to cold and snow, and I was so hot all the time when I moved here. Now, after 11 years, if I go anywhere and it's in the 60s I'm freezing.

I feel your pain. We visited Montana and Wyoming in June. When we left here it was in the 90s. It was 53 degrees on the top of a mountain there. It gradually warmed to a low 60ish temperature with a strong breeze and I froze. It was so beautiful and amazing but I could not enjoy it until I warmed up. I hurt when I am cold, especially my fingers, knees, and pretty much any joint in my body. People say you get used to it. I hope so for the sake of your comfort. I really do. Utah is beautiful.