Menu

May be a silly question...

but I am just trying to figure this all out, especially before school next week:)

Some of the threads are bold and some are not. Is this relevant to when they were posted ie. Today, Yesterday, ect.?

I don't think it is meant to show if I have read a post or not because they are still bold after I have read them and ones I have not read are not bold.

Also, is there some way to indicate that I have read a post?

Thanks for your help as I navigate through this!

If you read it and used the back button on your browser, it will stay bold. If you click on the link at the top to go back to the forum, it will be lighter, meaning you read it. If you mark all posts read (one of the forum tools), then they all are light until someone posts on a post, which will then let you know that you haven't read the most recent post.

Clear as mud??????

About an hour ago, I marked all the threads read. That worked. They all went to a light font.

Then I came back and there were some new threads in bold. So I opened one up. I'm in the hybrid mode, so the computer can't tell if I read the whole thing or not. I went back to that forum's main menu by clicking the name of the forum at the top of the screen; and the thread I had just looked at was still bold. What's wrong? It would be useful for the font to indicate whether I had read it or not -- if I can count on it to work.

Where do you mark it as read?

At the top, under quick links, mark forums read. That will mark ALL forums read.

If you are on the main page of a particular forum, under forum tools (or something like that), it will say mark forum read. That will only mark that particular forum read.