Menu

How to use Teaching Textbooks with twins?

1GirlTwinBoys

My order for Teaching Textbooks should be here by the end of the week. I'm curious as to how I can use this with twins. Can you install it on more than one computer??? Or, is it something they will need to watch together and then do the workbook. I haven't quite figured out how it will work for us.:confused:

Can I use your program for more than one child?

A. Absolutely. These programs are reusable and can be used with more than one student in the same year. For instructions on how to setup multiple students please call 866-867-6284 or email us at customerservice@teachingtextbooks.com.

I would think it can be installed on two separate computers, but if not sure, call them.

I would not suggest having them watch the lecture simultaneously because during the lecture it will ask questions that the child might have to plug in an answer for and I would assume you would want them to do that individually. So either install on two computers or set up two accounts on one computer and have the other doing something different will the one does math and vice versa.

I agree with Nance. One of the great things about TT is that the instruction is self-paced. Even more self-paced than a human teacher, IMO, because the lectures and explanations can be repeated as much as the student finds necessary and the "instructor" will never exhibit even the slightest impatience! :D I would encourage your twins to move at their pace. This is the future method of learning, I think. I even myself took a Calculus class for personal enrichment a couple years ago (I had never taken it). I got an A in the course and I pretty much learned the vast majority of the content by watching video lectures on the internet (pausing and repeating as necessary). What I learned from the actual class was minimal in comparison. We have so many great resources available now for learning!

I don't have twins but I am using the same TT software for multiple children (in different years.) I do like having the children do written math so I have them write their answers in the workbook along with the program. If you're interested in doing that you can order a second workbook by calling TT.

Alternately, you can have students write down math problems and answers on blank paper. I like having the workbooks, however. If for some reason we do not have access to the computers we can continue with the lesson using the workbook (and they are already accustomed to writing in it daily.)

Edited by zenjenn

I have 2 girls on the same level as well and it has worked well in our home! I do not use the workbook at all...my girls just write in a plain notebook when they need to.

Math is on their list of "independent work" to be finished after we do all our reading aloud, so they just take turns doing math on our desktop computer. While one is doing math, the other is doing other school assignments...and then vice versa. :)

It has worked really well for us!