Menu

Today is the day...colonoscopy

Please pray that eveything is ok.

As far as the prep. Not sure what everyone else has had for the drink, but it wasn't bad at all. Just tasted like salt water. Thought I was going to have to flavor it, but I didn't have to. The gave me GoLyletly, (Which should be called GoLotsly:lol:).

A little nervous. Well, ok. A lot nervous.Just want it to be done and over.

Haven't eaten in over 24 hours, and my stomach is upset. Probably nerves, not eating, and drinking a gallon of salt water.:confused:

It's going to go very well. I can feel it. And good on you for being proactive on your health!! :grouphug:

I hope so! This was a big decision for me. I am only 43. I was given the option because I have iron def anemia. More then likely due to my periods, but Dr's are not God and they cannot tell you with 100% certainty w/o having this done.

Not to mention I have severe health anxiety, and tests that involve sedation or anesthesia scare me to death!

This is a huge step for me. Now if I can just STEP into the hospital doors without having a complete meltdown:confused:

Hang in there! All reports I've heard say the prep is the worst part. I sympathize with your medical anxiety. Perhaps for people like us that is actually the worst part. I hope you come out of this with a sense of relief, knowing it's over and having any questions answered.

The prep drink itself is no problem. It is how MUCH you have to drink. BLECK. I am not a big drinker to begin with. But the taste is fine.

Yea, the bathroom trips are no fun. I think I know every crack, paint peel, and corner of the floors that need to be painted, fixed and washed now.:lol:

As far as the prep. Not sure what everyone else has had for the drink, but it wasn't bad at all. Just tasted like salt water. Thought I was going to have to flavor it, but I didn't have to. The gave me GoLyletly, (Which should be called GoLotsly:lol:).

Haven't eaten in over 24 hours, and my stomach is upset. Probably nerves, not eating, and drinking a gallon of salt water.:confused:

:lol:

You will do fine! You've already gotten through the tough part. :001_smile:

Aw...best wishes. Glad you tolerated the prep so well; we have so many patients who do not. :001_smile: