Menu

I have really big thick eyebrows, and I'm not very good about maintaining them. I try to sort of half way keep them up at home. One day I was shopping and decided, I've had enough of these big hairy caterpillars on my face so I stopped at the beauty shop inside the store and had my eyebrows waxed.

I said just get the strays, don't arch them. Because I know some people, if you say arch them, will leave you with a few tiny hairs that look drawn on with a pencil. She took it aaaaaall off. Left me with a pencil line anyhow. Then asked if she took enough off. I said yeah, you took plenty off.

I've been letting them grow back in, and they were getting pretty bushy, but still not grown back in in the right places yet. I asked dh to pluck them for me this afternoon. I gotta say, he didn't do half bad. I was more pleased with his work than the beauticians.

The only thing was he plucked too much off the inside bottom of them left brow and it looks a little weird. BUT... it matches the right brow, and I think that's what he was doing was making them match.

I said wow, if you'd done this a few weeks ago I could have paid you $10 instead of that woman. He said it was his $10 to start with. Picky, Picky. :D

I have really big thick eyebrows, and I'm not very good about maintaining them. I try to sort of half way keep them up at home. One day I was shopping and decided, I've had enough of these big hairy caterpillars on my face so I stopped at the beauty shop inside the store and had my eyebrows waxed.

I would think they go with your goatee.

I would think they go with your goatee.

Well, they did... but I started shaving everyday. Dh said the goatee tickled when I kiss him.

Oh...haha I just dawned on me my avatar has a goatee. I thought you were yanking my chain. LOL Dh really doesn't want to kiss Johnny.

Edited by SeekingSimplicity

That's nice of him to do that for you! I would gladly pay my dh to pluck my eyebrows. I don't think that will ever happen, though, 'cuz once I made him rip the wax strips off my armpits when I tried THAT experiment at home! He's done with helping me with hair removal. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Oh the horrors of home waxing! BTDT I've never tried waxing the underarms. That sounds especially painful.

I'm very picky about who waxes my eyebrows. I had THE best person do them for me every month when I lived in NY. Mind you, I had better eyebrows then. My eyebrows are slowly thinning. Aging. :glare: They're still uncontrollable and bushy. For years, because I couldn't find anyone good to do them, my dh also would trim them for me.

Once every 4-6 weeks, I go for waxing - brows, underarms, fingers, toes, and every 3 or so months - my forearms.

I'm very picky about who waxes my eyebrows. I had THE best person do them for me every month when I lived in NY. Mind you, I had better eyebrows then. My eyebrows are slowly thinning. Aging. :glare: They're still uncontrollable and bushy. For years, because I couldn't find anyone good to do them, my dh also would trim them for me.

Once every 4-6 weeks, I go for waxing - brows, underarms, fingers, toes, and every 3 or so months - my forearms.

You should be picky. I had someone wax my brows who didn't know what she was doing and she burned me. The skin above my brows is still reddish/shinier than it should be. I have to use concealer on it every day.

I would love to have my forearms waxed. Is it crazy painful?

You should be picky. I had someone wax my brows who didn't know what she was doing and she burned me. The skin above my brows is still reddish/shinier than it should be. I have to use concealer on it every day.

I would love to have my forearms waxed. Is it crazy painful?

I am so sorry :grouphug:. That's just awful. :confused: Maybe vitamin E capsules or aloe would help? Maybe see a dermatologist?

Forearms - not super-painful. Underarms are much more painful.

Here are my waxing tips for you or anyone else who may be interested:

* If you can, avoid waxing right before that time of the month.

* Don't let your hairs grow too long. When they're too long, it hurts more. In other words, wax more frequently. I have my underarms waxed every 3 weeks.

* Try to avoid caffeine a few hours before.

* 1 or 2 Advils a half hour or so before helps A LOT! But I seldom need this anymore.

* Exfoliating the area up to a few days before waxing and also exfoliating again a few days after and every few days thereafter.

Such a wonderful husband!

I didn't have much in the way of eyebrows to begin with, and what I did have, I plucked to almost nothingness. (Not really, but I feel that way.)

Dd has much more to work with, lucky girl. She hates the pain of plucking, and I've encouraged her for several years to get them threaded by a proficient woman at the mall. She actually said last night that she'd like to.

The only bad thing is that it's in the middle of the mall. In a chair, out in the open, where everyone can walk by. People on the second level can look down. But it'll look great if she has it done!

The only bad thing is that it's in the middle of the mall. In a chair, out in the open, where everyone can walk by. People on the second level can look down. But it'll look great if she has it done!

Yes, I hear you.

You could encourage her to go first thing in the morning/least crowded times and remind her that she may never see some of the people at the mall, unless you're in a small town, possibly.

Grenada has zero anonymity, so that wouldn't be very appealing. At least in the U.S. you have more anonymity. :)