Menu

What would you do at WDW (Disney World) without kids?

We go to Disney every other year thanks to DH's work. We stay on property (usually Coronado). We are very versed in doing things on property both in and out of the parks. (Yes, we have even pool hopped at most resorts at least once just to see them. No negative comments please.) When the kids were little we used to not even go in the parks until his conference was over and then we stayed over several days and did the whole park thing. Now we usually get 10 day passes and go some days without him and some days with him.

BUT...DH just found out this week that he has to go for a conference August 18-20 and after I originally said I could never go without the kids...I counted up how many years it has been since the two of us have been away (9) for even a night and I said yes! We will fly down on Wednesday and fly home on Sunday. Taking the kids at this point is not an option. It is 20 hours of straight driving each way and the cost of all the airfares is not worth it for such a short visit. I'm not telling the younger two that we will be on property at all (Coronado again) - just that Mom is going with Dad on his business trip to Florida. We will all be going next June and we just got home from a trip to the Smokies so I think I can even manage the guilt that is threatening me!

So...although I'm very familiar with the whole property, I've never been without kids! We won't go into the parks because I really don't think I could stand to see the rides without missing the kids and DH will be in meetings all day. What would YOU do if you were there for 3 full days without kids??

Around the World Tour in Epcot - you get to ride segways around the world before that section of the park opens.

Dive Quest - if you're certified for SCUBA, the divequest tour allows you to dive in the Seas aquarium. We did it, it's very cool and a very different experience from open water dives. If you're not certified for SCUBA, there is also the Aqua Seas Tour that uses a SCUBA Assisted Snorkel unit (you're tethered to the surface) and is similar.

Private Pontoon for Fireworks - you can rent a private pontoon boat to watch either Wishes or Illuminations. The boat has a captain and he'll navigate for you and you just get to sit back and enjoy the fireworks.

If you have some $$$ to blow, dinner at Victoria & Alberts (Grand Floridian) is an adult-only dining experience to do at least once in your life.

Play a round of golf together!

Rent those cute little personal boats or jet skis on the lakes.

You can take a surfing lesson at Typhoon Lagoon!

Get the Deluxe Dining Plan and have one nice table service lunch and then signature restaurant dinners together.

Have a couples massage at either Grand Floridian or Saratoga Springs Spa.

At the parks/properties:

Behind the scenes tour?

http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/tours.htm

Spa day?

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/spas/

Watch all of the Epcot movies?

Eat at all of the Epcot restaurants?

Enjoy the rides with your hubby in the evenings?

Look for hidden Mickeys together?

Outside of the parks:

Kayak? Golf? Hot air balloon ride? Go to Gatorland? Go to Ripley's or the Air Museum in Kissemee? Go to the Titanic museum? Go on a ghost tour? Take an airboat or fishing tour? Do an ecotour or zipline tour? Drive to the beach? Do the Richard Petty Driving Experience? Check out the museums in Winter Park?

With as hot as it is going to be, I would get myself a 3 day ticket and go to as many indoor shows as I could find. Walking around the countries without a whining DH or kids could be fun as well. I've gone twice to Disney without my children and feel no guilt over it. They have been, as it sounds like yours have been, so it isn't like they have been deprived of the Disney experience.