Menu

Most fun and effective typing program please...

babs

I am going thru Inge Cannon's Transcript Bootcamp, and she recommends Computer Typing Curriculum. I just ordered one this morning.

I don't know how fun it is, but the student types Bible verses for their practice. I like that.;)

Also, Inge said that it is a different kinesthetic activity to type from another document than it is to type from what's on the screen, and she is concerned that typing-via-software will not produce the kind of sustained speed really needed in business/academia. I don't know what she is basing this conclusion on, but I do respect her professional expertise that I have seen demonstrated many times over the years.

Soooo, YMMV, but although my children are enjoying Mavis Beacon right now, I do plan to do this with them afterwards to get their speed and accuracy up to snuff.

I'll try to remember to post later when it comes. I'm bummed that the website doesn't have samples, but I'm trusting Inge's recommendation . . . so we'll see how it turns out.