Menu

stobaugh versus notgrass

can anyone compare these for American history.. On first glance, Notgrass seems more comprehensive. Stobaugh seems more indepth.

I have decided I want a survey course.. I want them reading primary sources.. I want the text itself to be extremely readable.. I also want something packaged, so I just write on the planner do lesson 57. I want something with answer keys, quizzes, and paper topics. We will not do bible or the literature attached. Will probably just do history and use Hewitt for literature.

My husband and I printed out the Stobaugh sample, really liked the emphasis on critical thinking, evaluating quotes, etc.. but I was a little nervous that it was not comprehensive enough, and that it might be above ninth graders' heads.

If you have seen used either or both, am I right in assuming Notgrass would be better for younger kids. I also was happy to see that there are a ton of resources out there, both in the library and online. Hippocampus.com has got what looks like an online tutorial in US regular and US AP history...