Menu

Our 1st tea time is today!

I loved Trivium's Academy's thread from a few days ago and got inspired. I was telling my mom about it and she wanted to take part too. We love going to tea anyway so this is a great way for her to be involved w/ the boys. I was an only child so she gets a little "stressed" being around the boys :eek:

My boys are really excited. My mom and I went out and bought the tea set yesterday and she baked a lemon pound cake just for the occassion. My boys like to help bake so we thought we'd let them pick out a recipe and we'd make each week for the next tea. It's a cold, blustery day so it's perfect. We're excited!

I too was inspired and plan on incorporating it into next years lesson plans. Please let us know how it went, and I hope that you had a wonderful experience and made beautiful memories that your family will cherish. :)

Kimmi

My boys kept asking all morning when we were having tea. My mom made 2 different desserts (she likes to bake) and the boys were pretty well behaved! They helped set the table, make finger sandwiches, etc. We didn't do anything academic...I just had them tell grandma a little about what we've been studying. They all discussed what they would like to have grandma make next week and went away on a nice sugar high :D. We'll definitely try to make this a weekly date.