Menu

Why Junior AG?

Janie Grace

I watched the video on the AG website and it mirrored my beliefs on formal grammar (it's a relatively small body of material that can be taught in a relatively short time, if you wait til a student is old enough -- ie, middle school). Excited to hear someone verbalizing what I have long believed.

Soooo... why is there a Junior AG? Were some people just wanting to start earlier? Did AG change their philosophy? Or is it just so there are more products to sell (it's a material world after all)?

From what I could tell, JAG is just an earlier intro. Also, when I met her at convention, the creator said I could even do JAG in 4th so 5th can focus solely on learning to write and the mechanics taught JAG, before starting AG in 6th.

It could be to meet other people's philosophies halfway. My guess would be they had requests for those who want to start earlier. But it does also sell more product. ;)

I watched the video on the AG website and it mirrored my beliefs on formal grammar (it's a relatively small body of material that can be taught in a relatively short time, if you wait til a student is old enough -- ie, middle school).

:eek: Don't tell my dh; he wrote his 1000-page doctoral dissertation on pronouns (well, anaphora). Post-middle-school grammar has been paying the bills around here for quite some time now.;)

I watched the video on the AG website and it mirrored my beliefs on formal grammar (it's a relatively small body of material that can be taught in a relatively short time, if you wait til a student is old enough -- ie, middle school). Excited to hear someone verbalizing what I have long believed.

Soooo... why is there a Junior AG? Were some people just wanting to start earlier? Did AG change their philosophy? Or is it just so there are more products to sell (it's a material world after all)?

I use JAG because I live in a state that requires testing. JAG is nice and light so it covers what we need without a lot of pain. Love it!

Heather

What age are you using JAG with Heather? I toyed with it for 4th grade but already bought something else lol.

Generally I start in 5th grade, so my 3rd dd will do it this year. That is partly because we have to test at the end of 5th grade. :D

Heather