Menu

Disney Experts -- Windsor Hills

Ok, to all the experts :-). We've decided to stay in the townhomes at Windsor Hills. Finally have it narrowed down to my 2 favorites. DH and I have been to Disney a few times each. My boys (6) have never been. We decided we would rather have more space and spend 2 weeks there than be cramped (staying on-site) and only have 1 week there.

So, for those that stayed at Windsor Hills, will I love it as much as I think I will?

Thanks so much!

Mendy

We did. We've stayed there the past 2 years and will stay there again. Close and easy access to the parks, close and easy access to grocery stores (Publix and Super Target-we prefer the Publix on Old Lake Wilson Rd.), very nice pool area, and quiet.

We love WH! We've stayed there the last two years we went to Orlando. Absolutely fav location, and we hated when it was time for us to go home. The club house has a movie theater where you can request movies, and there are games and pool tables. The resort pool is heated and the jacuzzi is lovely.

Hope you have a fantastic time! I'm envious you're going!

We LOVED it!!! LOVED it!!!! We stayed in a 3 br condo. It is VERY close to the entrance to all the parks, except Magic Kingdom. For that park, expect a longer commute. That's just because you have to take the tram from the parking lot to the monorail. If your timing is right it can take less than 30 minutes. One of our trips, it took an hour! Ugh.

Anyway, be sure to plan for days off. There is a LOT to do at the resort itself. THere's a movie theater. You request a movie and they'll play it. There're video games - my kids got to play with the Kinect system there. The pool is amazing. VERY relaxing. The parks at WH are fun too. And, the workout space is AMAZING!!!!

Be sure to pack very light. You'll have laundry in your townhouse. There are a couple of great grocery stores just a couple miles away. We had some wonderful meals. We did chicken in the crock pot one night and then made broth overnight. We had fresh chicken noodle soup for breakfast before we left for the parks!!! Yum!

We usually ate heavy snacks at the parks - bought them there. Brought in a couple of our own snacks. We ate very heavy breakfasts and dinners at the condo.

We're debating a quick trip back for the marathon in January. You're making me want to go!!!!

Thanks everyone! I am so excited. Yes, we are planning days off to just relax. Buying 7 day tickets, going to the MVMCP, one character meal, universal and maybe seaworld. One day to drive 50 miles to visit friends. All other time having fun at the resort.