Menu

How much time needed for Rainbow Science

snowbeltmom

After going through some of the science threads, I just purchased the Rainbow Science program for my rising 7th grader. (I have also just instituted a self-imposed ban on any further reading of curriculum threads; the habit is costing me way too much money. :tongue_smilie:)

I plan on following the publishers schedule and using this program for 7th and 8th grade.

About how many hours per week would we need to schedule for science?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

(I have also just instituted a self-imposed ban on any further reading of curriculum threads; the habit is costing me way too much money. :tongue_smilie:).

Boy can I agree with THAT!! Dangerous!!

I also purchased Rainbow for my 7th gr...

Anyone?? :bigear:

If done as the publisher says I would say 10-15 minutes reading the textbook & doing the questions at the end of the section. And 20-30 min. doing the experiment. It is scheduled out as two readings then the experiment. It is 3 days a week, a reading each day and then an experiment.

I picked up our Rainbow in Feb or Mar told my son (my sciencey one) that if he wanted to start that was fine with me or he could wait. He chose to start, soon found that he liked it and started doing both readings in one day then the experiment the next day, then repeated that each day we did school. He did the first year in 17 weeks that way. This next year we are planning on doing the same thing, doing it everyday during the second half of the year.