Menu

Things to Do in Norfolk?

I won't be there long - just under 24 hours.

Which is more worth seeing: Chrysler Art Museum? Nauticus? MacArthur Memorial? Waterside Marketplace?

Any local restaurants that aren't to be missed? I'll be staying on Waterside.

Cost isn't an issue, but time is. I'll have from about 10am-4pm to sightsee. I don't really plan to visit the area again anytime soon, so I want to make the most of this quick trip there. My interests are varied, and I'm game to see/do pretty much anything.

Also, is it really pronounced -by locals- in a way that rhymes with ... buck? :blush: I don't know if someone is being honest or is pulling my leg.

Yes it is pronounced Nawf---. I'm not sure I've phonetically spelled the first syllable correct, second syllable is correct. First syllable is short, not drawn out.

To do. Any kids with you. When ds was 10 or 12 we toured the Navy base and went to the museum with the battleship Wisconsin. He liked that.

Waterside Marketplace has gone down hill big time so I'm not even sure there is a decent place to eat there. I'd head for MacArthur Center for lunch and shopping and spend a couple hours at the Chrysler Museum. I love this museum, they have a varied collection for many different interests. Also they have a place to eat lunch at the museum that is very good. HTH