Menu

Limiting video games with different dc?

Okay, how do I do this? I have one dc with ADHD and I'm noticing major issues with his attention and focus that seem to have heightened with the summer and my laxity with screen time. All my kids enjoy video and computer games, but it's only 1 that has this issue.

If it were up to me, I'd toss all the systems out the window, but I have a husband who enjoys kicking back from time to time and playing with the kids. So, it stays. But I need to moderate. During the school year they only get to play on weekends. Summer is different, and I want them to *feel* that it's different, but this is alarming me. My ds with ADHD is all over the place, and even *he* said to me that he thinks he can't focus as well b/c of the games.

So...what do I do about the fact that the other dc can play some without it affecting them in a noticeable way, but this one dc is a mess?

Any experience limiting time for some dc and not others? How does that go over? Should I limit them all?

Help! :confused:

Personally, I would just limit them all. My son gets more obsessed and addicted and my daughter is much better at self regulating, but they both get a regulated amount of time. My son started at 20 minutes a day of recreational computer/Wii time. Now at 10 he can have 30-35 minutes. I also require the kids go outside for a while most days barring horrible weather (like the heat wave we're having this week). TV time is also limited.