Menu

Does anyone have a Chalkdust Pre-Algebra Schedule to share...?

• 1 month later...

I have only worked out the first 9 weeks. We're moving through it slowly. My son is watching parts of the video on M, W and working problems on T, Th. Fridays he does LOF Pre-Algebra. I decided not to always do a full section per time, because some of the section lectures are quite long, but have obvious breaks, if you watch the video, every 11-15 minutes.

I'll be happy to show you my schedule for those first 9 weeks, if you pm me. I will say though that unlike much of my planning where I figure out how much I need to have a child do each week to finish in a year, I just decided to go with the flow and see how it panned out with this, so I have no idea if our pace will get us to the end of the book by May or June or if we'll still be finishing pre-algebra next fall.

Guest maamen

I just finished working out a yearlong schedule a couple weeks ago. I searched the internet in vain for a long time and could find nothing.

Since some sections can be quite long, I will cut problems if there are more than 20 to work per day.

Also, I worked in the End of Chapter Activities (considering that as a day to cut if needed).

I may have to tweak things as we go, but I needed a framework. Please let me know your thoughts.

pm me if you'd like it, but I will try to attach

***The file is too big to attach, so pm me. I won't be online until tomorrow night***

Blessings-

Christy

Edited by maamen
attachement too big

For the 5th edition doing the whole book is the equivalent of an advanced college class according to the CengageBrain teacher resources. They also include a basic class sequence and an average class sequence, which eliminates some of the more challenging work. I will have to look later on today and see if it is a pdf file. There are also student resources for the 5th edition on the Cengage website.

www.cengagebrain.com is the website, enter your ISBN to find your book. The student resources are available there. The syllabus is in the locked files, I'll try and get time this weekend to give you a rough idea of what the differences are. (I bought all my materials from the company so I could get access to all the teacher files.)

Edited by melmichigan