Menu

TOG shipping?

I think I made a mistake. I placed an order last week with TOG, and I did media mail. I can't see any evidence that they have shipped, but then I've really not gotten any feedback from them at all. I hadn't looked up the timeline for doing media mail, and the possibility of 9 weeks is quite scarey. I should have read that ahead of time. Can anyone tell me their experience with TOG shipping? Anyone ever done media mail and gotten it in a reasonable time? I just assumed, with it being such an expensive curriculum, that their customer service would be better than what I'm seeing, as in e-mails telling me they have shipped. I've dealt with so many homeschool resources and been really impressed that I just stepped off into this, trusting because of past experiences. I'm calling them today, in the hopes that they haven't shipped yet and I can get it upped to priority or something. The shipping prices just seemed so expensive!!

Call and ask, they are very helpful on the phone. :001_smile:

The other thing that I always forget is that the actual printed units ship from the printer in GA, so for me on the west coast it takes a bit longer than I am used to with Amazon, etc. So, if you order anything "extra" like lap book kits or cds, they will ship quicker & separately from the actual units.

I ordered print version of my DE, and it took about 2 weeks to get them. I was told over the phone when I ordered that it would take at least 2 weeks to print and then they would be shipped from Georgia. They arrived by UPS exactly 2 weeks after I ordered. I considered that fast. TOG sent me no notice of tracking numbers or anything, but when I spoke to them on the phone, I was told they'd ship by UPS.

I agree they could up the communication on their shipping. I loathe being in the dark about when to expect my curriculum. I have found their customer service to be helpful though.

I ordered about 3 weeks ago on a Saturday and a little less than two weeks it arrived. I was expecting longer so I was surprised this was media mail I would call to make sure because I'm not sure when they will be moving.