Menu

Someone please check my list, make sure I am not missing anything, and.....

tell me if I need to or can drop anything. Yes, I have done this before, but not with this many littles (expecting another in the fall). I want to make sure dd (going into 1st) gets what she needs, but I don't want to be overwhelmed. I do not have friends or family nearby to help when the baby comes, so I need to be self-sufficient. I am also working on a modified workbox system, so she can go get things that need to be done next if I am nursing, etc.

So, here are my plans:

Math - Abeka

Bible - SL

History - SL

Geography - SL (I also bought a couple of $1 workbooks if we have time but they are really simple, and I would *like* to start doing map blobs - please note if either of these don't get done, I am okay with that)

Read-Alouds - SL

LA - ARFH, FLL1, WWE1, OPGTR

Foreign Language - I have some spanish DVD's and CD's, plus some books. I am comfortable not doing any of this, but if I need a break or nap, she can watch a DVD and I will feel like she is doing something constructive, lol. This was only intended to give her exposure to the language, as we will begin formal Latin study next year.

Science - Apologia Astronomy with Junior Journal (I am not buying a kit or planning on experiments, I am going to let the journal be enough, possibly with some additional reading or DVD's, maybe a craft model of the solar system if I get really industrious)

Art - Baby Lambs Book of Art, Abeka Art (these are not necessary, but she LOVES art, and these she can do with only verbal instruction)

PE - she will have tennis 1x weekly

Girl Scouts - meets 2x monthly (if she misses a couple because of a new baby it will be okay)

I also have Liberty's Kids DVD's, lots of DVD's with Biblical content, educational DVD's such as the frog, Schoolhouse Rock, Baby Einstein (some of which she is too big for), Rock-n-Learn, etc. If I need to have a "DVD school" day, I am okay with that as well. With last dd I was just overwhelmed for about a week, which I think was due to exhaustion and not having planned ahead. I don't have to have every "i" dotted and every "t" crossed, but I want some things ready for us so i do not feel that way again. Dh will be taking some time off, but when he goes back really depends on how I feel/am doing.

I also have no idea how little dd is going to react to another baby. That is another hurdle I have to face. Older dd is good at being the "little mama" when little dd will let her.

Thanks for any advice. I am looking to focus on the 3 R's, but that is increasing this year.

Just remember that if you guys are reading and practicing math facts you're doing enough. Do what you can and don't try not to stress about the rest. I always lowered my expectations SIGNIFICANTLY for at least the first 3-4 mo after a new baby entered the picture. It made a huge difference.:001_smile:

looks great to me! I had a baby last July so last year was our baby lite year! :-) For a 5 year old (even 6, 7 and up) I was always willing to throw out all plans for a fun or interesting field trip or outing or if we had a really great audio book we were into.

without family nearby, I hope you have a good support network of fellow homeschoolers- our co-op has been an amazing blessing in that regard.