Menu

School Book Organization Ideas??

curlgirl

Could you read my ideas and give me some feedback please????

I love the baskets lined with cloth and a bow on the front. I think that a shelf that has four spaces for four baskets one on top of another would be nice. I am currently home schooling four children and this way they could each have a basket for books. The fabric and baskets are pretty so it wouldn't look like "school" in the middle of my dining room. However, the more I think about it the more I am thinking that if I fill them with my kids schoolbooks that they are going to break with all that weight in them. I like the idea of the shelf and would like the containers to partially hide the school books. I want the containers to match my house and look "pretty." Am I being picky? Do you have any other brilliant ideas for me? Thanks so much for your help! BTW I loved the thread from last week with all of your school room pictures! Maybe I could have condensed this whole thread into how do YOU store your books???:tongue_smilie:

I like your idea. I mainly want to say I don't think you are being picky - I'd like to do the same thing actually, I just need to finalize and stack this years books to make sure things would fit. I've spent my life being messy, and as I am trying to keep things cleaned up, I find pretty & useful containers very motivating.

If I ever get my sewing machine running, I may try to make pretty covers for some plastic crates (hopefully smaller ones than my file crate). They seem to hold up pretty well.