Menu

If you do a toy rotation.....

how do you separate the toys? Do you keep 'like' toys together or put some in each rotation? For example, if you have several boats, do you put one in each bin to be rotated or do you keep them all together? Do you rotate blocks or leave those out all the time? Or maybe one type of block in each rotation (like duplos in one, wooden alphabet blocks in another)

I am being slowly driven insane by the number of toys my kids have.....but they really do play with everything. I've toyed with the idea of rotating toys before, but if the dinosaurs are in one bin and the boats are in another, you miss out on the imaginative play of having the dinos riding in the boats? Any advice?

I separate out the things that are similar. So all the different types of blocks will be out at different times, the different size cars, the different sizes of plastic animals, etc. It works pretty well. They always have blocks to build houses for the animals, they always have cars for the animals to ride around in. Certain stuffed animals are always available.