Menu

Williamsburg, VA; Historic Triangle.. What's not to be missed?!

We've been to Williamsburg quite a few times and we just love it. Would move there if we could!

The last few times we didn't buy tickets, but we're going down in Sept, Lord willing and planning to buy tickets to Jamestown, Williamsburg & Yorktown.

For those that have been, any specific tips on what to skip (and why) and what you loved the most? I'm interested in the historic and also good restaurants and such!

For reference, my kids are 2, 4, 6, and 8 and they older ones love history so they are very excited.

:bigear::bigear::bigear:

Edited by Stacie Leigh

We went last fall and of all the historical sites my boys loved Jamestown Settlement the best. We could have stayed there all day exploring the ships and the fort and the Powhatan village. Historic Jamestowne was the least exciting part of the trip and probably could have been skipped altogether. In Colonial Williamsburg, they loved dinner at Chownings Tavern and they loved the maze behind the palace. We didn't do the carriage ride, but we did Great Wolf Lodge for a few days and we went to Busch Gardens, which (of course) the boys loved more than any of the historical sites.

Busch Gardens is a lot of fun!!! I believe they're open Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays in the fall.

Jamestown & Yorktown, of course, and Colonial Williamsburg.

I haven't been to Great Wolf Lodge, but we hope to do so at some point.

(We live about 2 hours from Williamsburg and go quite often. The weather is beautiful in September!)

Busch Gardens is a lot of fun!!! I believe they're open Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays in the fall.

Jamestown & Yorktown, of course, and Colonial Williamsburg.

I haven't been to Great Wolf Lodge, but we hope to do so at some point.

(We live about 2 hours from Williamsburg and go quite often. The weather is beautiful in September!)

Great Wolf Lodge looks like fun, but way out of our price range! I buy people's time share time from them for less than 100 a night for 2-3 bedrooms and a full functioning kitchen!

We've done Williamsburg in depth and planning to go to the historic sites so I'm looking for specifics!