Menu

Rainbow Science Users, would you please help me ???

Hi Everyone ~

Well it's back to the drawing board for a science sequence. DD really didn't care for the way RS4K was written -- just not her style so she only completed part of biology (begrudingly) along with all of Lyrical Life Science vol.I. :tongue_smilie: Science is my weak link, so I would sincerely appreciate any comments or suggestions you may have.

I will be teaching The Elements and Middleschool Chemisrty by the ACS this year at co-op (only 24 weeks); but after re-reading TWTM, I decided I needed to incorporate outlining and narrative summeries as well as discovery into the mix for my DD.

My goal is for her to be comfortable with science concepts, language, and labs so she will be prepared for the ACT and college. DD is not strong in math; her strengths / interests are in writing and the Humanities. Biology is her favorite science.

Now, all that to say . . what are your thoughts on using The Rainbow Science text as a spine for outlining and narrative summeries over the next two years? We will read biographies and other books and follow up with research based projects. We will continue to use Lyrical Life Science and Earth Science along with dvds, and science programs.

My thought is that she will get exposure to all the main disciplines before high school and we can focus on areas of interest when studying a specific discipline, botany for example. Then, for 8th grade focus in on biology using Bob Jones.

I look forward to reading your feedback!

Dina :001_smile:

Sounds like a great plan.

My oldest used Rainbow Science in just that manner. I had him read the lesson (nice it was always short), then write a summary, look up the topic in the science encyclopedia, define any new terms, draw or diagram anything that lent itself to that, and complete and write up labs.