Menu

Women at Home University - What books would you pick

Have you ever seen the website Women at Home University? The idea is interesting even if I don't agree 100% with the ideas of the people who set this up.

My oldest daughter told me tonight she wants wants to work through topics that will prepare her for adulthood that are outside of the traditional classroom subjects. So, since the website is somewhat outdated and frankly has too many book recommendations I told her I would come here to get updated book/audio/video recommendations from all of you.

I am going to list some of the topics they have and ask that you give 1 or 2 of your best recommendations per category. Feel free to add a category if you think of something I don't have listed here. OK, lets get our own list started, just skip the ones you don't have a resource for:

• Biblical Love and Submission

• Finances

• Organization and Cleaning

• Time Management and Scheduling

• Nutrition and Meal Planning

• Pregnancy and Early Childhood

• Medical Planning

• Decorating and Hospitality

• Christian Family

• Role of Father and Role of Mother

• Music Training

• Child Training

• Raising Teenagers

• Education

Have you ever seen the website Women at Home University? The idea is interesting even if I don't agree 100% with the ideas of the people who set this up.

My oldest daughter told me tonight she wants wants to work through topics that will prepare her for adulthood that are outside of the traditional classroom subjects. So, since the website is somewhat outdated and frankly has too many book recommendations I told her I would come here to get updated book/audio/video recommendations from all of you.

I am going to list some of the topics they have and ask that you give 1 or 2 of your best recommendations per category. Feel free to add a category if you think of something I don't have listed here. OK, lets get our own list started, just skip the ones you don't have a resource for:

• Finances- Dave Ramsey's Finanical peace

• Nutrition and Meal Planning- Sue Gregg Cookbook set- Whole Foods cooking

• Medical Planning

• Christian Family

• Music Training

• Child Training

• Raising Teenagers

• Education

I added a few things

I've never heard of this. Would you mind posting a link? I tried to google it, but nothing came up. I'd like to check it out.

http://web.archive.org/web/20060618052600/http://womenathomeuniversity.org/four/index.php

Scroll down to see the plan. The website seems to be neglected so when I first went there I saw an error message, but then it redirected me to the website.

• Finances

• Nutrition and Meal Planning

• Medical Planning

• Christian Family

• Music Training

• Child Training

• Raising Teenagers

• Education

Child Training (any age): Boundaries with Children by Cloud/Townsend

Cooking & Meal Planning: Nourishing Traditions by Fallon/Enig

Canning & Preserving: The Ball Blue Book

Organization & Cleaning: Try "Fly Lady" (website only I think). Someone linked me to her website when I was moving and she had lots of time management & cleaning tips.

Decorating & Hospitality: Creative Hospitality by Nancy Van Pelt

Finances: Dave Ramsey OR The Financial Guide for Young Couples by Larry Burkett (This book is rather old but the principals are still true). Ramsey has a financial guide for young people. Can't remember the name.

I just checked out the website you linked. You may also like to google "Lady Lydia speaks". She has a few opinions I don't necessarily share 100% but she has many decorating/homemaking tips on her website.

Edited by Liz CA