Menu

Science and math centers?

woolybear

Please help me find old threads or make new suggestions. The search words I'm using are too broad and I can't find what I'm looking for.

I want to set up a science center and a math center. They may need to be in the same place and switched out regularly. At any rate, I'm looking for ideas of what to put in each of these.

I have two boys, ages 11 and 8. I want these to be places they can go explore on their own. So, what we would be some good items to have in each?

I do know there have been threads on this before; I just can't find them.:001_smile:

Oh my. Wonderful list. I'm not sure how to narrow that down. Also, I'm wondering, would my kids really just figure out things to do with all this or would it just become a crazy kind of mixed up center. They have done the baking soda, etc. mixing thing for years, but I'm wondering if they could figure out how to do much on their own with all this stuff. Maybe I'm just not feeling very creative myself at this moment and of course they could.

Wow - that list is extensive and overwhelming.

How about starting with a TOPS kit or two? Then it comes with cards of ideas to follow. As you buy more kits, add the stuff. Then you'll have concrete experiences to build on and explore more, as well as the (inexpensive) things you need to use.

I should do this!

Emily