Menu

Freezing and thawing premade slider?

In just over 1 week we will be having anywhere from 20-40 teens/parents at our house for dinner and a devo. THe kids are bringing drinks and chips. My son would really like for me to make sliders and pigs in a blanket to serve then. Apparently the usual foods served are pizza, tacos, or spaghetti and he wants something 'special'.

So, I don't mind making sliders and pigs in a blanket. Really both are fairly easy, except in big quantities. Since I don't want to cook all day that day, I was thinking I could make the slider patties this weekend, freeze them, and then reheat on the day I need them. Has anyone else done this? What would be the best way to thaw/reheat them? The microwave? I plan on making all the piggies the day of the dinner/devo.

Sliders as in small hamburgers? Yes, hamburger patties can be cooked, frozen, and reheated with no problem.

Yes, that's right. Sorry I didn't give enough detail originally. Too many kiddo interruptions LOL. I was planning on the meatball sliders. JUst microwave the meat and go?

Yes, that's right. Sorry I didn't give enough detail originally. Too many kiddo interruptions LOL. I was planning on the meatball sliders. JUst microwave the meat and go?

Yep, we do this all the time! It's much easier to make extras of hamburgers, sliders, meatloaf, etc all at once, and freeze the extra (the meatloaves we just freeze without cooking, the others we cook a bunch of whenever we do cook them).