Menu

getting vis-a-vis out of shirts?or just writing in the workbook?

I thought perhaps that we could use transparency sheets and vis-a-vis markers over our *expensive* (IMO) consumable math books, thus preserving the books for the many children to follow. After ds happily and accidentally swiped his shirt with the marker today, perhaps I need to reevaluate.

Is saving this money ($25 X each future child to use the book, X the six levels) worth the cost of using transparency sheets and markers?

PRO

don't have to order again from this company

CONS

headache of using transparencies

expense of proper marking materials

countless stained shirts

markers really aren't the best writing tools for young dc

Anything I'm missing? Any secret sauce recipe to remove permanent marker stains? Anyone with life experience to give me some wisdom?

I'm working on an extreme shoestring but I use the workbooks as a way to show what they've done should anyone come knocking. I guess in the early years, I'd probably stick with something as inexpensive as possible.

Math Mammoth might be a good way to save some money there as that's one of the two subjects that benefit best from a workbook approach. Get the cd or download individual titles and then you have a clean copy for each child and proof of what they've done.

Hope this helps!