Menu

OK, so we have the mixed blessing of qualifying for food stamps.....

It's mixed because to qualify speaks to not doing too well financially.

It's an absolute blessing because if you qualify, you "need" the help.

We get $98 a month. With that at Walmart and clearance at other stores and the rest of our food budget used with Angel Food Ministries, I can feed us.

We don't qualify for medicaid, but the kids do qualify for the next level of medical care. This is important, because it means my dd's disease and treatment will be covered. It can be used supplementally so that I won't have to pay co-pays with DH's insurance. Co-pays for 3 kids and a tight budget add up. I am looking forward to scheduling an appointment with my dd's rheumatologist (who is in network for the state plan) because she, bless her heart, is flaring. :angelsad2:

We don't qualify for TANF (aka Welfare) mostly because the system doesn't "recognize" the fact that 2/3 of DH's paycheck goes to healthcare.

We've been blessed with prayer, food, encouragement, ideas, odd job possibilities, increased delivery/process serving jobs for DH, money and love. Bills are paid, except for the mortgage.

I'm not sure when we'll get our incentive. It turns out that our amended return is delaying the incentive. The amended return includes payment for the earned income child credit (xh claims the kids, which is why DH didn't know to pursue getting the EIC which we do qualify for). Both the amended return and the incentive will help; but I'm budgeting as if they aren't there.

DH's income drops after the 30th. But we'll likely be offered the Fireworks stand again, which will help for July income. DH still has weeks left on unemployment which will resume when the school district closes. Hopefully his process serving will also pick up.

I'll have my afterschoolers full time, but it will be a wash since I won't have my homeschoolers a lot of this summer.

:hugs:

We were paying that much for insurance too up until September. The kids don't have insurance right now - ti's a mess. I need to work on that next week....

Lots more hugs - i'm glad you are getting the help you need, and that your tummys will be full.

It sounds like it is a blessing! God opened the doors and this is His provision.

You know it seems everything is going through the roof with prices. Almost need to have a cow/goat in our own back yard for milk.

Is there a forum for homeschoolers who work odd jobs or part-time here and there? I've thought about that for me.

Have you considered growing vegetables? We have a garden and it helps to stretch our money just a bit.

Sheryl <><

Coming back to add that I got a check today for a class action lawsuit that has been pending for over a year. It is from a credit counselling service I enrolled in 5+ years ago that apparently made some business decisions that were questionable.

It was an odd, but definitely welcomed, financial blessing! It will pay for the Splashtown/homeschool tickets for my kids this Friday. We are going as a celebration for our school ending, with my homeschool clients.