Menu

globe recommendations?

(Sorry if this is repeating another thread-- I tried a forum search and didn't find what I wanted, but feel free to direct me if there's been a recent discussion about this.)

We need to acquire a globe. Any recommendations? We are on a budget, but are willing to splurge a little bit if it is a quality product that will last a good many years.

Thanks!

I'd like to get one like this:

http://www.ultimateglobes.com/Pioneer-World-Globe-p/rp-30801.htm

It has a gyro-scope which means it swings all the way around completely.

Anyway that's the kind on my to-get-sometime-soon-list. :)

I checked out your link and realized that globe looked very familiar. I went to look at ours....sure enough, it's the exact same one. I found it at a garage sale last year for $5! I had no idea it was such a steal!

Check your local public school system and see if they get rid of excess "stuff" (furniture, etc.). They might have some extra globes laying around. I got a brand new globe for free that way. It's one of the really nice expensive ones, though it doesn't have a stand. We just pull it down and turn it around in our hands. :D

The school system was getting rid of several perfectly good, unused globes. And they appear to be modern globes. There isn't a USSR on it or anything like that. ;)

I also got school desks and chairs for dirt cheap. :)

It depends what suits you.

The ultimate plan would be to have a nice pretty world wall map, your country map, a ground globe similar to the one on Satori Smiles (beautiful!) and two "learning" globes. Something like Oregon for older kids and Vtech for younger kids. The ultimate dream solution :D rofl.