Menu

Is there an exhaustive list?

tntgoodwin

Is there a thread somewhere here that lists nearly all the curriculum, broken down by subject (and possibly grade level), with links to the websites? If not, is there a demand for this here? I would be willing to attempt putting one together, and keep it updated, if there is enough interest.

Would you only want curriculum based on the classical method? I would split the recs between each stage (grammar, logic, rhetoric). But there have been lots of threads about individual subjects by stage on here, I'm not sure there's a need. Also, it may become so large a thread that it wouldn't be entirely practical to check.

I don't know if there has been a list of all curriculum but there was a little flurry of this a few months ago - here is the science one I found and I think there were others on other topics.

A complete list of every curriculum ever used by anyone for any subject would be nice to have but sounds like A LOT of work. Even after all these years I am still finding things on these boards that I have never even heard of and wish I had.

Someone suggested that tagging threads would be helpful and I agree but if you have time to do a list I would be happy to contribute the brands I have used.

I usually start at cathyduffyreviews.com. Of course, she gets a little coy with the products that actually made it into her 100 Top Picks for Homeschool Curriculum. (I do actually own the book, after checking it out from the local library yearly, so it's not a big problem for me.) Also, the site isn't all-inclusive, but it's got a lot, and it is broken up by subject and rough grade-levels, where appropriate. When that fails, homeschoolreviews.com is nice.

Also, Violet has done a beautiful job with her abbreviations blog, where she'll post the information she has, including links to the publisher. She updates when people post a new curriculum abbreviation they don't understand to the abbreviations thread. Of course, these are in alphabetical order by abbreviation, but this is still an immensely useful resource for dealing with this forum in particular.