Menu

Oak Meadow ~ Conservative Christian.... Problems?

Hi There,

I've thought about using Oak Meadow for a long time. I'm wanting a Classical Education for my son, but he's only in 3rd grade. We would still do Latin and some other things besides.

Besides evolution, can you think of any other issues that I might have, particularly with the 3rd grade curriculum?

Thanks!!

Hi There,

I've thought about using Oak Meadow for a long time. I'm wanting a Classical Education for my son, but he's only in 3rd grade. We would still do Latin and some other things besides.

Besides evolution, can you think of any other issues that I might have, particularly with the 3rd grade curriculum?

Thanks!!

Hi,

I haven't used OM3 yet (I've used 4, 5, and will be using 6 and K this fall) but I haven't really paid attention to it from that angle anyway since I am Jewish for one, and homeschool secularly for another).

But I did just want to tell you that OM has really great customer service, and if you email them or call them and voice your questions and concerns, they will give you a friendly, honest response. :)

Thanks... I don't think magic... like Harry Potter or something like that is a problem for us. We have read all the different Myths, so that's fine, too. (And lost of Fables, too) I think the Science may be the most "possible" issue... but maybe nothing will be an issue. I plan on doing Singapore Math and Latin, still, as well as at least the Jingles from Shurley Grammar...

The science is nature study oriented in the years I've seen (K, 1, 2 and 3). I've looked through 3, but I wasn't paying attention to religious issues so I'm not sure. Dd loves to read the stories and draw a picture and write a summary in the main lesson book.