Menu

Does anyone plan to use BJUP Science after GDS?

We're making the switch in 7th grade here. As much as we've loved the GD books this year, I would feel compelled to supplement them to use them for 7th and 8th. Switching for 7th gives a couple of years to get used to the format of BJU book and the requirements I have for written lab reports before we hit high school and the grades start counting toward her GPA. My oldest did...

6th - Heaven & Earth with siblings and Chemistry/Ecology independently last year (We're doing a bit of catch up in science topics with her.)

for her upcoming 7th - BJU Life Science independently and the GD physical series with her sister

My plan for DD2 is:

4th - Heaven & Earth

5th - Physical

6th - Chemistry & Ecology

7th - BJU Life

HTH

Thank you! This is exactly what I was wondering. So does this progression for your DD2 mean that you'll have her do...

8 - BJU Space and Earth

9 - BJU Physical, etc. (?)

or will you have her start BJU Physical in 8th?

:001_smile: Melissa

We're making the switch in 7th grade here. As much as we've loved the GD books this year, I would feel compelled to supplement them to use them for 7th and 8th. Switching for 7th gives a couple of years to get used to the format of BJU book and the requirements I have for written lab reports before we hit high school and the grades start counting toward her GPA.

I agree very much.

(I haven't used them with the same dc, but I have used GDS with my little guy and I use BJU with my older gals.)

Thank you! This is exactly what I was wondering. So does this progression for your DD2 mean that you'll have her do...

8 - BJU Space and Earth

9 - BJU Physical, etc. (?)

or will you have her start BJU Physical in 8th?

:001_smile: Melissa

The plan is Life Science in 7th and Physical in 8th, so she's ready for Biology in 9th.