Menu

Please tell me about Noeo Science

parias1126

Is EVERYTHING actually included? or are the Young Scientist Kits extra experiments? Are there still experiments that I would need to gather the materials for or are the included kids THE experiments? I am looking for a science for a very sciencey child, but I would love for everything to be included.

Everything is included. There are usually a few miscellaneous household items you'll need to provide, but you should be able to find a list of those things in the teacher's guide sample on the Noeo website so you can have an idea before you buy.

We really enjoyed Noeo for the literature included and the open-and-go nature of it. The experiment kits require very little prep. In fact, dc have been asking for us to pick it back up over the summer. I better order!

The YSC kits are used mostly toward the end; for the first 2/3 of chem, you gather stuff, but it is mostly household stuff or grocery list items (food coloring, baking soda, hot water, vinegar, string, balloons).

As a PP stated, the supply list is available for viewing on their website; it's pretty easy to gather the stuff at the start and keep it in a science bucket until needed.

Jen

(pictures of my kids doing a couple of NOEO chem experiments at

http:// hillandalefarmschool.blogspot.com/. )

Can anyone tell me if there is any religious content in this curriculum? The "About Us" page states that the intent is to help children discover the wonders of "God's creation." Most of the books seem to be secular, so I wonder if there is any explicit religious content there or any other way in which the religious views of the developer are expressed.

You do need household supplies and a few odds and ends. There is a comprehensive supply list in the front of the teacher's manual. We are really enjoying it! They are written by a Christian family, but so far we haven't found any distinctly Christian content.