Menu

RightStart Math users, how do you organize your manipulatives?

You can buy Ziplocs that have sliding closers instead of the press-closed kind. I have each type of manipulative in one of those bags, and then they are all in a milkcrate shaped basket from Target. They are in the corner of my living room, but you can't see in the basket until you are right on top of it, so it doesn't look too junky.

You can buy Ziplocs that have sliding closers instead of the press-closed kind. I have each type of manipulative in one of those bags, and then they are all in a milkcrate shaped basket from Target. They are in the corner of my living room, but you can't see in the basket until you are right on top of it, so it doesn't look too junky.

We use the ziploc trick too, but I keep ours hidden in a storage ottoman like this one:

http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/177-1453608-9350109?asin=B000FPX228&AFID=Froogle_df&LNM=%7CB000FPX228&CPNG=furniture&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=B000FPX228&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001

I put mine (except the math balance and the abacus, which remains with the text) in one of those over the door mesh pocket shoe holder things. Mine has 21 pocket sections and each is a double mesh pocket intended to hold each shoe of a pair in it's own mesh--so two different categories can go in each section. That might not explain it well but I've got room to see and grab whatever I need. My kids, in fact, can grab x and y for me to do a lesson. It's working well here.

Edited by sbgrace

I have all of the manipulatives for A and C in one tube which isn't working very well. It's big and I have to dig for whatever I need. I need a better way of keeping these organized!

You can buy Ziplocs that have sliding closers instead of the press-closed kind.

We use one smallish tub with the manipulatives placed individually in Ziplocs. I have to dig through it sometimes. The abacus is kept with the books. Sorry, not much help here.

I put mine (except the math balance and the abacus, which remains with the text) in one of those over the door mesh pocket shoe holder things. Mine has 21 pocket sections and each is a double mesh pocket intended to hold each shoe of a pair in it's own mesh--so two different categories can go in each section. That might not explain it well but I've got room to see and grab whatever I need. My kids, in fact, can grab x and y for me to do a lesson. It's working well here.

I love it! Totally using this idea!

I love it! Totally using this idea!

:iagree: I love it too, I don't think I would have ever thought of that! Thanks!