Menu

Notgrass Economics/ Notgrass Government?

My son (senior this past year) did the Notgrass Government and really liked it. He spent between 15 and 45 minutes per day (per lesson), depending on the questions and if there was extra reading from the "We Hold These Truths" book. I really liked that it is laid out it such an easy, workable format. It required no planning on my part; he just followed the lessons day by day, answered the questions, took the quizzes and tests. There were many days that my son would say, "Hey Mom, do you know what I read in my governmnent book today?" :001_smile:

I would recommend it!

Kirsten

• 4 months later...

This is an old post, but thought I would comment.

You need to first know that this course is being taught by me at a co-op (6 students in my class), and I did not have any say in the matter over the book we are using.

I have never liked Notgrass (samples), so would not have purchased it to use on my own.

I seriously dislike it. The kids in my class find it incredibly boring. I'm forever reading the book and then spending exhorbitant amounts of time coming up with some way to better describe concepts.

In my mind it is completely set up for the memorize / file dump technique of test taking. Which, as a student I excelled at. . .however, as an instructor I would prefer my students to actually walk away with some knowledge.

That said, everyone I've spoken to that has used and liked Notgrass programs in the past will probably like this one just as well.