Menu

Getting a new phone next month.

So, I will be getting a new phone next month, and I was wondering if any of you had some advice. I currently have a Blackberry, which I love. However, I am planning to get an Android phone. We are on Verizon, and I want a phone that I can get for less than $100 with 2 year contract renewal. This narrows it down to following choices:

HTC Incredible 2

Samsung Fascinate

Droid 2 Global

Motorola Droid X

Do any of you have any experience with any of those models? Or maybe a different recommendation?

I have a Droid X. I LOVE it!!! My son will be getting one soon. Dh really wants my phone... I have had ZERO issues with it since I got it about 5 months ago. I would buy the exact same one again.

I want a phone that I can get for less than $100 with 2 year contract renewal.

Well.... It's more than $100, but for about $140, you can get a Virgin Mobil Optimus V at Best Buy and a $40/mo unlimited everything plan (talk, text, email, and web) or a $25/mo with unlimited everything but talk (you get 300 min/mo) and no contract to worry about.

It is a great Android phone. It does everything I need it to, and more, and I save a bundle—really!— on contract fees. I figured that by putting down the $140 and using the $25/mo plan, I saved between $780 and $900 this year in monthly contract charges.

ymmv— obviously it doesn't quite meet your initial specs. All the best on your hunt.