Menu

Winter Promise Animals and thier Worlds

mommyto2

We are planning on using WP Animals and their worlds with our first grader this year. I was wondering if anyone has used this with a preschooler. We have a 4 year old that really wants to do school too, but I don't want to overwhelm her. Also since this is a science based core, do we need to do an extra science? Or should we add some sort of history? Thanks for any insight.

I am doing it with my 4 year old right now. I am doing a different language arts program though. She is loving it. I wouldnt add in any more science. It has a ton of stuff already. I did change the read alouds because they were often too scary or violent for my very sensitive dd.

It does not contain history.

My kids were 2nd and early K when we started, so DD1 was 4 in the beginning. They both got different things out of it, but it would be so easy to add in some more picture books about animals. The encyclopedia is pretty dry. You definitely don't need more science, lol. I also didn't do any history the year we did this program, and made it a science year. If you want to follow the 4 year cycle, you could add in some SOTW if you wanted, even informally just so they hear the history...we didn't.