Menu

Cabin rental in North Dakota Badlands....

Anyone have a recommendation for a cabin rental in the North Dakota Badlands? I would prefer indoor plumbing but otherwise I am happy with rustic and homey. It doesn't even have to be close to any parks or cities.....just the Badlands in North Dakota. We plan on relaxing, hiking and having a bonfire or two.

Anyone?

:bigear:

Anyone have a recommendation for a cabin rental in the North Dakota Badlands? I would prefer indoor plumbing but otherwise I am happy with rustic and homey. It doesn't even have to be close to any parks or cities.....just the Badlands in North Dakota. We plan on relaxing, hiking and having a bonfire or two.

Anyone?

:bigear:

I would get something at or near Medora if possible. My dil talks about going there and what fun they always have. If you are interested, there is a mansion to tour and a pageant that is supposed to be lots of fun.

My dil is always wanting us to go with them but umm, we don't travel unless there isn't a choice. It has to be like someone is holding a gun to my head.:tongue_smilie:

ND badlands are beautiful though.

The Murphy Mountain Lodge north of Killdeer, ND is beautiful. But then my brother owns it so I may be a bit biased. It's so peaceful and amazingly quiet in that part of the world! You can look it up on TripAdvisor or just Google it.

Killdeer seems to be full of cabins. A few others are in that area as well. Do you know if he rents out just the lodge per night without the whole activity package? We really just want to hike, rest and bonfire stuff. :tongue_smilie:

Maybe ride a horse for a few hours but that is not a deal breaker.

ND badlands are beautiful though.

I agree. We studied ND ecosystems this year and I have promised the kids a trip to each one. We can do daytrips for all the rest but the Badlands are too far away. We have been talking about it for 8 months now so this summer it will be our vacation. They want a roughing it experience where they hike and start a fire and eat outside. But they all agree they want indoor plumbing!!! (I am proud I raised them so well. :D)

I agree. We studied ND ecosystems this year and I have promised the kids a trip to each one. We can do daytrips for all the rest but the Badlands are too far away. We have been talking about it for 8 months now so this summer it will be our vacation. They want a roughing it experience where they hike and start a fire and eat outside. But they all agree they want indoor plumbing!!! (I am proud I raised them so well. :D)

:lol: