Menu

Any Richmond, VA area homeschoolers out there?

I'm North of Ashland, in the northwestern corner of Hanover County. I tell people I'm halfway between Richmond and Fredericksburg. If I still get puzzled looks, I say "go to King's Dominion and turn West and go for ten miles". Everybody seems to know where KD is, if they have kids. I don't have an active network because I am just homeschooling one kid thru middle and high school. Plus, we're two counties away.

I think there are LOTS of homeschoolers in Richmond. Also, I see ads on Craigslist sometimes from your area or maybe Chesterfield, I believe.

Keep asking and folks will pop up.

Did you check the groups listed on Yahoo and at HEAV and VaHomeschoolers?

Good luck!

I am in Sussex, an hour south of Richmond. We are about an hour from everything we do (church, shopping, dentist...you name it). We have a houseful and run an organic farm. You can see us here: http://www.providencefarmva.blogspot.com. I confess I have not updated the blog in a while....life is busy here. But at least you can check out what we do. Nice to meet you!

Warmly,

Stacey

I grew up in Mechanicsville. We live in Mecklenburg County (Southside Virginia) now, but we continue to head to the Richmond area for fieldtrips, etc. Ds is going into 10th this year, and ds into 6th, so similar ages to your oldest 2.

Glad you started this thread - maybe more Virginians will pop up.

I especially wish I could find a debate club. Do you know anything about that?

• 3 weeks later...

To Hunters8: Thanks for the offer. I'm going to pm you to learn more about debate. (Assuming I can figure out how to do that - hahaha)

To Kristine in VA: Your oldest two sound very close in age to my two. I noticed you said you live near the seminary. Do you have a connection to the seminary other than living nearby? (My husband teaches a class there . . . )

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...