Menu

Dd needs Latin help through the summer

Our co-op uses Latin for Children. Dd just finished LFC primer B and will move up to C in the fall. The problem is that she didn't do great with B. Her quiz scores were between 55-85 all year, but they definitely leaned more toward the lower end than the higher on average.

I would like her to continue Latin through the summer, at least 2x/week. Should I have her simply repeat LFC B for reinforcement? We did not used the dvds - would that help? Not sure what the best course of action is here. Thanks for any input you can give!:001_smile:

yes, do LFC B over the summer. I wouldn't buy the dvds - if you already own them, then YES, use them.

Go to Headventure Land. for the review chapters per book. This will help next year too, for LFC C

Review basic grammar (in the book) and do the vocab drills. There are grammar charts on the site, as well.

Have fun!

Did you do the history readers? Ds11 spent this year reviewing and translating the history readers. I gave him 20 flashcards a week to review (sometimes more if they were easy ones) and we did a chapter a week.

Also, if you haven't done the Activity Book, that's great, too!

HTH