Menu

Last Best Hope by Wm Bennett

Does anyone know if the editions found on Amazon.com are the same as the education editions published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt? Will they correspond to the material on the supporting website Roadmap to America?

BTW...a huge thank you to whoever posted about the website!! I am excited to dive into it. There is so much great information.

I was told in an email from them that I had to purchase BOTH the book and the online access from the web site.

You cannot buy the book somewhere else, like Amazon. Which really sucks since Amazon is so much cheaper.

This is my email to them:

From what I gather from The Well Trained Mind board I have to purchase the books through your website in order to be able to pay for the online teacher access.

1. Is this correct?

2. Can you link me to this information on your website so that I can share it with other homeschoolers that are interested in your program?

I have multiple children and would like to use this program with each of them. I currently have one child that is old enough for the program.

3. If I purchase the books and the 1 year online access for my rising 10th grader can I repurchase online access in 3 years once my next child reaches 10th grade but without having to purchase the books again?

4. If that is possible, how does that work? Would I be assigned a customer number to show that I have previously purchased the books?

This was their response:

1. Yes, this is correct. Our online Teacher editions and Student editions are subscription based and require a paid order for access.

2. our website, with all of our product information, is http://saxonhomeschool.hmhco.com.

3. Depending upon the product, you may purchase additional 1 yr online subscriptions without purchasing another textbook.

4. When you order an online product, you supply us with your email address. We will then email to you a username/password, or registration instructions (depending upon the product).

NOTE: You do not receive a customer number. Each new subscription will equal a whole new order.

We hope this info helped. Should you require further assistance, please call us at 800-289-4490.

We believe this response has addressed your inquiry; therefore your ticket has been closed. If you have any additional questions or concerns please respond to this email, which will reopen your ticket. A Customer Service Agent will respond within 24 hours, or next business day.

Donnie Wannamaker

Sr. Customer Service Rep

Houghton Mifflin Harcourt

800-225-5425

http://customercare.hmco.com

We had to buy an education version in order to be allowed to buy the Roadmap.

Since I had two dc using it, I bought another at Borders (paperback, cheaper.) They were the same except for the binding. The ed version was hardcover and had the stamp in the front for the kids to put their name and the condition of the book.

BTW, when I bought it, Houghton-Mifflin was not involved.

For this past school year, I purchased inexpensive copies from Amazon and purchased a one-year online student access with no problem. I don't know if they've changed their policy or if it is different if you're purchasing the teacher's access.