Menu

MAC users: copying pictures

You put your cursor on it, click to select it, and while still holding on to it, drag it to your desktop.

If that doesn't work (eg: it is on the web and is "locked" to the page), open "Grab", go to "Capture" in the pull down menu hit "selection". A little window will pop up (you can move it anywhere on your desktop to get it out of the way, BTW). Click at the corner of the picture and drag down a square, just like you were making a text box. When you let go of your mouse button, you'll hear a camera click, and you'll have a .jpg that you'll need to hit "save" for. Just name it whatever you want and put it where ever you want on your computer to use later.

If you are using iPhoto, click on the picture and drag it to your desktop. It will just be a copy; the original will stay in iPhoto.

a

I save about 50 pictures a week on my Mac. All I usually do is right click and save the pic. The directory opens up so I can choose where to save it and name it whatever. Hmm, not sure why you are having a problem, unless there is something about the way the website is set up. Some websites, such as Flickr, don't allow you to copy the pics. (then you will have to do the grab/capture.) Are you clicking right on the photo?

Also, you have to make sure to select 'save image as'. Maybe you are clicking 'save as' which would then save the page.

Another thing I do is right click the photo, open in a new tab/window, then right click the picture and save it. Some pictures will open larger, and I like to get the biggest picture possible.

Edited by Sushi's Mom

I save about 50 pictures a week on my Mac. All I usually do is right click and save the pic. The directory opens up so I can choose where to save it and name it whatever. Hmm' date=' not sure why you are having a problem, unless there is something about the way the website is set up. Some websites, such as Flickr, don't allow you to copy the pics. (then you will have to do the grab/capture.) Are you clicking right on the photo?

Also, you have to make sure to select 'save image as'. Maybe you are clicking 'save as' which would then save the page.

Another thing I do is right click the photo, open in a new tab/window, then right click the picture and save it. Some pictures will open larger, and I like to get the biggest picture possible.[/quote']

Some people don't have a two button mouse.

a