Menu

X-men? Reviews please...

I know it's old, but my kids haven't seen it and it arrived from netflix. I'm completely clueless about this movie other than a vague recollection that World mag liked it, as comic book movies go.

My kids have seen all the Star Wars and Pirates of the Carribean, but my dh and I wouldn't let them see Transformers (because of the gratuitious skin exposure and inference:glare:- we have a nearly 12yo boy). So you can see that my concerns aren't action or intensity- more mature themes- does that make sense?

Jo

I don't remember any extra skin exposure. Well except fo one of the "bad x-men" and then it's more that I know (from reading about the movie when it was first out) that the actress isn't really wearing anything. Click here. I think that pic is actually form X2 but she looks the same in the first movie.

More than likely there is bad language. Below is from plugged in online.

Discussion-worthy symbolism and noble exploits aside, X-Men also features a lot of violence (with unsettling combat between men and women). Stabbings. Beatings. Gunplay. Electrocutions. Long falls. While rarely fatal, those scenes are intense. Elsewhere, near-nudity and mild profanity are joined by PC plugs for tolerance and the notion that humans evolved from "a single-celled organism." All things considered, there’s nothing X-plicit or X-tremely offensive here, but X-Men still misses the mark.

They do tend to catch things I miss, but I trust their reviews. I'm thinking the near-nudity is the above picture.

There's three, which one do you have? The bad girl looks pretty nekkid, but she's kinda scaley too, so it's not technically skin! 8)

There's suggestive talk in all three I think. We have all these movies, and like them, but there's still a scene in the third that mine have to skip over.

There's three, which one do you have? The bad girl looks pretty nekkid, but she's kinda scaley too, so it's not technically skin! 8)

There's suggestive talk in all three I think. We have all these movies, and like them, but there's still a scene in the third that mine have to skip over.

The original.

I think they'll have to wait. This was going to be the babysitting movie tonight if dh and I went to a movie. Um, I think this one will need some parental discussion- but I'll probably let them watch it eventually.

Jo

The original.

I think they'll have to wait. This was going to be the babysitting movie tonight if dh and I went to a movie. Um, I think this one will need some parental discussion- but I'll probably let them watch it eventually.

Jo

I *really* recommend you watch it first. The character linked to above *does* really show quite a bit of skin. There are scales covering *those* parts, but there is a good deal of her backside that shows plus some of her front. She is not a good character too and her presence is in a good portion of the movie. You really should watch it first. And FWIW, you can also skip the inappropriate scenes in Transformers and show your dc the truly awesome stuff. We did this successfully and still enjoyed the coolness factor of the movie. :) I wouldn't trust the babysitter on that one though. :)