Menu

New to posting, but not reading!

Hi all!

I'm new to posting here but I've been lurking for quite some time now. I just wanted to say hello and thanks for the great information.

I'm sort of an "accidental" homeschooler as it was not something that I ever planned on, but always thought was a pretty cool thing. My DD actually had great public school experiences. She attended a mixed public / Montessori elementary school and did well. She also attended an excellent middle school.

However, it was simple a mix of medical issues and a mild learning disability that made me realize that public school was not a good fit any longer. The medical issues are moderated but it has still been beneficial for the LD.

When I started, I was a single mom and worked full time outside of the home!! She was 13 at the time. I currently work from home so it's a bit easier.

Anyways, the information here has been excellent. I've been able to incorporate classical learning, which I love, into our schooling.

I look forward to participating. Due to my liberal leanings and atheism, I've made it a semi promise to stay out of political threads! I hesitated joining for a bit as I may be a bit out of place. But, who cares, it makes life interesting! :cheers2:

Thank you for reading this novel! I'm both a researcher and part time content and freelance writer. I'm just..wordy. Ha!

Hi Sydney! Welcome to the board!

I've only been a member for a few weeks, myself. Like you, hs'ing wasn't mine and dh's first choice either; our son was in a Montessori charter school and doing well. Then, last fall, his asthma really took a turn for the worse, and excessive absenteeism meant he would get booted to his local ps right in the middle of the school year. So, home schooling it was.

Anyway, feel free to join in (the political threads, too :D). Don't let your atheistic liberal-ness hold you back; some of us here are quite appreciative of those qualities. :hurray:

What areas of research are you currently interested in?

Hi Sydney! Welcome to the board!

I've only been a member for a few weeks, myself. Like you, hs'ing wasn't mine and dh's first choice either; our son was in a Montessori charter school and doing well. Then, last fall, his asthma really took a turn for the worse, and excessive absenteeism meant he would get booted to his local ps right in the middle of the school year. So, home schooling it was.

Anyway, feel free to join in (the political threads, too :D). Don't let your atheistic liberal-ness hold you back; some of us here are quite appreciative of those qualities. :hurray:

What areas of research are you currently interested in?

Hi there!

Your story sounds very similar to ours. Having to pull her out of school all the time just made things rough!

In my previous career, I was a legal researcher and did some background investigation and geneology. Most of my research and writing is around the legal and criminal justice fields.

However, I love to research just about anything! My constant research of homeschooling led me here!

Thanks for the warm welcome!:)

Welcome! I have one year of homeschooling left and dh and I were talking over all we've learned from the WTM boards. I love all the varing points of view-as long as it's kept polite. Though I haven't posted much at all, I've been an avid reader. I will never look at kilts, bOOks, and teA the same:D