Menu

Science Lab of Mr. Q

SEGway

I'd use it for first grade along with keeping TWTM recommendatins in mind. It will serve as a good guideline in regards to what to cover during the year. You can add as much as you want to it from library books and notebook pages. Or not. I think your first grader will still be exposed to plenty by using the free curriculum.

I'll have a first grader next year (I keep forgetting that for some reason) and I am planning on just using the outline in TWTM, honestly, b/c it's pretty easy. It's just a matter of exposing your child to different animals, plants and human body.

It's not a bad curriculum by any means, but read ahead and plan accordingly. A lot of the vocab and activities might be over the head of many young kids, especially if they're still learning to read. The activities are usually pretty good, though, and it's an easy curriculum to supplement. He publishes monthly newsletters, too, that can be a lot of fun. :)

My 8yo is currently working through the student pages independently, and so far so good. I don't really plan to add much from the parent pages as it's just a nice, light activity for her for her weekly folders. She loves worksheets and the like, so this is right up her alley.