Menu

craft idea for the non-crafty

I like to sew, knit, paint, refinishing...but not so good on the little kiddie crafts (have to remind myself to do).

Some family mag had a craft for making Easter eggs that I've found good year round and the kiddos love to do every week:

As soon as you've boiled them, put them back in a carton and give the kiddos some of your old broken crayons to draw on them with. The wax melts and you can make very neat patterns. I also think the wax makes them peel easier. Only hard part is when I have to flip them over (still HOT).

Anyway, consumable art the kids still love doing and uses up the broken crayons. DHs coworkers are teasing him about still eating Easter eggs, tho. :lol:

Anyone else have some easy crafts to share for the craft-challenged (like me)? :D

Mix white glue with water--about 50/50.

Cut or tear colored or patterned tissue paper into shapes, and lay out on construction paper as collages. Paint over the tissue with the glue mixture. This will make it stick and give it a slightly glazed, very artistic look. If that works out well, try it with Modge Podge on ceramic or glass blanks from Michaels, or on flower pots.

Or, buy hollow clear plastic two piece ornaments from Discount School Supply. They come in sphere, heart, or star shapes. Fill with crumpled bits of colored paper or with crumpled pieces of colored pipe cleaners or with pompoms. Instant ornaments.

Or order Egg In Wrap sets--cheap and easy--great for semi-Ukrainian Easter egg making.