Menu

Classical Education success stories?

Ok, this may not be exactly what you're looking for, but when I pulled my son out of PS, he was in 9th grade, so we hs'd for only high school. His sophomore year we discovered TWTM and implemented this method. He was more than prepared for college and initially, did quite well. However, it was about this time that my EX's errant proclivities reared their ugly heads and our family took a huge emotional nose-dive. The separation, divorce, etc, took an enormous toll on him and he stopped going to school, often "forgetting" to actually drop the classes. :glare: He's had to pay dearly for that, academically, financially and emotionally. Consequences hurt! Despite all that, he was prepared for college academically and his test scores showed it. I believe if all the stuff with his dad hadn't happened, he'd have finished with flying colors.

The good news is, despite some very bad semesters, he's worked hard to fix his transcript and is going to be attending a university this fall. The U had no problems accepting his homeschool transcript and he seems to finally be on his way.

So, again, this "success story" had a huge deviation from the path, but despite that, classical home schooling more than adequately prepared him for college-level courses.

Just our story... we're not super achievers, or famous or anything like that. :)

But it is very satisfying to have launched our first homeschooled child. Our daughter is nineteen years old, has been homeschooled from pre-school through highschool, has been a Licensed Practical Nurse for about a year, and will soon begin more course work to further her nursing education. (She's also getting married in three weeks~ yikes! :svengo: Yes, dd is a first born.) I began using the WTM method with her, tweaked to our style, when she began third grade. Reading and implementing the WTM was the best homeschooling decision I ever made. Really! I don't regret one moment our decision to home educate; I am both humbled and grateful. ;)

Anyway, here is our experience. Now two more kids to finish, by the grace of God!

Edited by Cindy in the NH Woods